Thumb Print Cookies are one of my favorite cookies to make. Make the dough in advance and store it in the fridge or freezer. Personalize the cookies with your preferred jam flavor.
This dough is made with cream cheese which creates a soft, chewy, and delicious cookie structure. Additionally, the cream cheese helps balance the sweet jam preserves.
Once you realize how easy these Thumb Print Cookies are to make (and your family realizes how delicious they are to eat) they will become a holiday favorite.
What Jam Works Best?
Any jam can be used to make these delicious Thumb Print Cookies, but I highly recommend the jams made by Trade Street Co.. Trade Street Co. is a New York City-based, woman, chef, and Black-owned company. Trade Street creates the most beautiful jams with unique and fun flavors. The jams are not super sweet but definitely packed with flavor.
Other Cookie Recipes:
Other Fruit Desserts:
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble
- Single Serving Strawberry Crumble
- Berry Crumble Cake
- Blueberry Lemon Bread Pudding
Did you make this Thumb Print Cookie Recipe?
If you made this Thumb Print Cookie recipe leave me a comment to let me know how it went! Follow Hungry Girl in Queens on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @hungrygirlinqueens and #hungrygirlinqueens. I love to know what you are making!Print
Delicious and chewy eggless thumb print cookies made with cream cheese, and flavorful preserves from Trade Street Jam Co.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves/jam
- In a bowl whisk together cream cheese and butter.
- Add sugar and vanilla and combine.
- Add flour and combine.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 2 tablespoon-sized balls of dough, roll them into rounds, and place evenly on the cookie sheet.
- Lightly press the back of a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon in the center of each round. (May need to spray the measuring spoon with non-stick spray to keep from sticking to the dough).
- Fill each indentation with a 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 12-15 mins.
Hungry Girl in Queens is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.