Delicious, sweet soy glazed, slow-roasted beef short ribs. Served with jasmine rice, kimchi, and bok choy for a perfect dinner.
· ½ cup soy sauce
· ½ cup packed light brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons sesame oil
· 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
· 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
· 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
· 1 tablespoon sambal olek
· 2 lbs beef short ribs
· ¼ cup all-purpose flour
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1 stalks green onions, sliced thin for garnish
· ¼ teaspoon white sesame seeds for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add soy sauce, brown sugar, sambal oelek, ginger and galric and mix.
- Pat dry short ribs and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge ribs in flour and shake off excess.
- Place dutch oven on the stove top at medium high heat.
- Add oil to pan and allow to heat.
- Sear ribs on all sides in batches.
- Turn the stove top off and add all ribs into the dutch oven pot.
- Pour sauce mixture over the ribs and move dutch oven to the oven and cook for 2 hours. Turn half way through.