Is it even summer if there is no corn salad? You will want to make this spicy corn salad all the time. It is full of fresh and simple ingredients which create a symphony in your mouth. Is that okay to say?
How to make spicy corn salad:
Cook the corn quickly in the microwave. Simply wrap each ear of corn in a wet paper towel and cook in the microwave for 1 minute on high. While the corn is “cooking”, chop the onion, red pepper, jalapeño, cucumbers, green apples, mint, and lime. Drizzle with a tangy and simple honey-lime vinaigrette.
Summer salads are my jam. It is the only time that I will eat a salad I made at home. Otherwise, like the meme says, I only like salads that are made by other people and cost me $16.
This salad is also easy to adapt. Add in your favorite vegetables or whatever is in the fridge. The honey and lime vinaigrette will add a burst of flavor to any fresh vegetables you may want to add. I recommend black beans and avocado.
How much jalapeño do I need?
Jalapeño is one of the milder chilies so include all the seeds when making this salad if you enjoy spice.
If you don’t like spicy, I feel very bad for you. Joking aside, simply make sure to limit the number of seeds in the salad. The seeds and membrane are the spicy portions of the jalapeno.
Make this summer salad along with my Peruvian Chicken, Tandoori Chicken, Muhammara or Eggplant Caponata for a summer bbq. Also, this summer salad is gluten-free and vegan. Perfect for anyone’s dietary preferences and restrictions.
Other Vegan Recipes:
Sweet and spicy corn salad made with fresh ingredients and a honey-lime vinaigrette. It is the perfect summer salad for a social distancing bbq
- 4 ears fresh corn, in the husk
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 small English cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 Granny Smith Apple, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- De-husk each corn ear and wrap in moist paper towel and microwave on high for one minute.
- Remove the paper towel and hold the ear of corn vertical.
- Carefully cut the corn off the cob with a knife.
- Chop onion, cucumbers, bell pepper, apple, jalepenos and mint and add to a large bowl with the corn.
- Add lime juice, zest, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil to the salad and mix together.
- Place the corn salad in a bowl and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Corn can be grilled or cooked in a microwave
- In order to contorl the spice level be careful as to the amount of jalapenos seeds included in the salad.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE FOR SPICY CORN SALAD? LEAVE US A RATING! DID YOU LOVE IT? SHARE IT OR LEAVE US A COMMENT ON INSTAGRAM! WANNA SEE MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!