This quick and easy spicy noodles with chicken and bok choy. This dish is ready in 30 minutes. Made with minced red chilis, sambal oelek and sriracha. These noodles are definitely spicy! This simple and fast week day meal will become a family favorite!
Put a small pot on the stove to boil. While the water is boiling this meal will get made. Marinade the chicken in soy sauce, sugar, mirin, oyster sauce, sambal oelek, sriracha and lime zest. Chop all the produce. Add the udon to the boiling water. Heat oil and add minced ginger, garlic, scallions and red chili. Add the marinaded chicken, bok choy, red pepper, shiitake mushrooms and noodles and quickly stir fry.
What is Sambal Oelek?
Sambal oelek is an Indonesian chili paste made with crushed raw red chiles, a little vinegar, and salt. Some versions can also contain onion, lemon or lime juice, garlic, or sugar. Sambal oelek adds great depth of flavor to the spicy noodles.
What are Udon Noodles?
Udon is a thick wheat-flour noodle common in Japanese cuisine. It is often served hot as a noodle soup in its simplest form. However, Yaki Udon is stir fried Japanese noodles.
Are Udon Noodles Healthy?
Are Udon Noodles Vegan?
Udon noodles are vegan and not made with eggs therefore they are vegan! However, this recipe for spicy noodles and chicken with bok choy is not!
More Pasta Recipes:
This quick and easy spicy noodles with chicken and bok choy comes together in 30 minutes.
- 1 package dried udon noodles
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 green onion, chopped and whites and greens separated
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium-sized bok choy, separated
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 3 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek (more is optional)
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Boil water in a medium pot.
- Mince red chilis, scallions, ginger and garlic.
- Chop red pepper, bok choy, and mushrooms.
- Thinly slice the chicken breast and marinade in soy sauce, lime zest, mini, oyster sauce, samba oelek, sugar and sriracha.
- Add udon noodles to the boiling water.
- Add oil to a wok or large frying pan and heat to medium.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilies and white scallions and cook until translucent and fragrant.
- Add marinated chicken to the wok and let cook.
- Add vegetables and noodles to the wok and let the whole dish come together in minutes.