Chewy and soft spicy ginger molasses cookies are made with warm and bold spices. Baked to perfection with a crispy exterior, these cookies are the perfect holiday treat.
Ground ginger, cinnamon, and clove pack a punch of spicy and fun flavors. The assertive spices help balance the sweet and smoky flavor from the molasses in these cookies.
Roll the dough in granulated sugar before baking. This provides a crisp exterior to an otherwise soft and chewy cookie. The juxtaposition of texture in these cookies creates complexity and has you reaching for more.
These are one of my favorite holiday cookie recipes. Enjoyed by friends and family due to the great flavor and texture.
Other Holiday Cookies:
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Olive Oil Cookies
- Rosemary, Orange, and Olive Oil Cookies
- Thumb Print Jam Cookies
- Chewy Almond Spritz Cookies
How to make Spicy Ginger Molasses Cookies:
Cream together butter and sugars. Then add eggs and molasses and combine. Add spices and dry ingredients and combine until dough is formed. Form even sized dough balls and roll in granulated sugar and bake.
Make Spicy Ginger Molasses Cookies in advance:
This is a great dough to make in advance. Roll the dough balls and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When taking the cookies out of the freezer, place in the fridge for two hours. Then roll in granulate sugar before placing on a baking tray and into the oven. Bake for 12- 15 minutes.
Other Cookie Recipes:
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE FOR SPICY GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES? LEAVE US A RATING! DID YOU LOVE IT? SHARE IT OR LEAVE US A COMMENT ON INSTAGRAM! WANNA SEE MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!Print
Made with warm and bold spices, these chewy and soft spicy ginger molases cookies with a crispy exterior are a great holiday addition.
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar, for rolling
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars with the electric beater.
- Add molasses and eggs and combine.
- Add sifted flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves and salt and combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the dough into even one inch balls and roll in granulated white sugar.
- Place evenly on a baking tray to allow for spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Keywords: ginger molasses cookies, chewy, spicy