Single serving means this strawberry crumble fits perfectly in a 2 cup container. Made with a cup of chopped strawberries and basic pantry staples like flour, oats, butter, sugar and cornstarch.
Simply chop the strawberries. Mix with sugar, cornstarch and vanilla extract. Separately mix together small amounts flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter to create the crumble. Pour the crumble over the strawberries and bake for 45 minutes.
I don’t know about you guys but something happens when I buy strawberries. I eat about half. Then the other half disappears in the fridge. Only to reappear having dried out. The strawberries haven’t gone bad but just don’t taste as good. My favorite thing salvage and use up the other half of the strawberries is to make a single serving of strawberry crumble. Feel free to substitute strawberries for blueberries, blackberries, apples or peaches.
This recipe is part of my small batch collection, which is trying to make small batch treats to ensure we are not wasting food and utilizing what we have in the fridge. This single serving strawberry crumble is perfect to eat or your own or share with a loved one!
Other Small Batch Recipes:
Single serving strawberry crumble which is made from pantry staple ingredients.
- 8oz fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up the strawberries into quarter sized pieces an place into a small mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract, sugar and cornstarch to the strawberries and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and melted butter.
- Pour the strawberries into a small baking dish and pour crumbles on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the sides start bubbling.
- Serve with ice cream or on its own.