Simple and easy rosemary and roasted garlic no-knead bread. Fragrant and bold in flavor with a soft center and crusty exterior.
1 head garlic, roasted
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
15 oz (3 cups) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 1/2 tsp table salt
1 1/4 cups room temperature water
1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the top of the head of garlic off and place in a piece of foil drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on top of the garlic and wrap the foil up.
- Place the garlic in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Let the garlic cool for 10 minutes and squeeze the garlic head to release the the garlic cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, yeast and chopped rosemary
- Add water, roasted garlic and olive oil and mix with a large spoon. (You may need to use you hand to get it fully mixed)
- The dough will be wet and sticky so once it is fully mixed leave it in the bowl covered with a damp towel or plastic wrap for 12- 18 hours ina. warm kitchen.
- Once the dough has risen, lightly sprinkle flour onto a piece of parchment.
- Pour the dough onto the floured sparchment, you may want to use a kitchen scraper to get all the dough off the the bowl.
- Fold over the edges of the dough to the center to create a spherical shape.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- When there are 30 minutes left for the secodn rise, place a dutch oven with the lid into the oven to heat up.
- When dough has risen, use the parchment paper to lift the dough into the dutch oven and cover with lid and place into the oven.
- Lower the ehat to 425 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the dutch oven pot and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the dutch oven and allow to cool.
- Foil needs to be large enoguh to completely wrap the garlic head
- Before placing the dough into the oven you can slice the dough with a sharp serated knife.