Rose truffles rolled in chopped pistachio. Delicate floral aroma creates a full sensory experience for these truffles.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 drop pink gel coloring
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, dry roasted and shopped (to roll)
- 1 teaspoon rose petals (garnish, optional)
- In a small frying pan, melt the butter, white chocolate and heavy cream on low to medium heat until smooth.
- The ganache should reduce slightly into a thick mixture.
- Remove from the heat and add rose water and gel food coloring and continue to mix.
- Pour the ganache into a bowl and let sit in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Scoop a teaspoon size amount of ganache and roll them between your slightly greased hands into a ball.
- The balls should hold their shape, if they start to fall flat then the ganache needs more time in the fridge.
- Once the truffles are able to hold the full round shape, roll them in chopped pistachios and set aside.
- Sometimes it is helpful to portion out the amounts of ganache and pop them back into the fridge for 10 minutes before rolling.
- If the pistachio pieces are not sticking, roll the truffles between your hands to arm up slightly before rolling in the nuts.
- When using any nut, be sure to taste it before using it. If the nuts do not taste good on their own they will not taste good when used in a recipe.
Keywords: white chocolate, rose, pistachio, ganache, truffles