I discovered spaghetti squash about 10 years ago and my life has never been the same. My interest was peaked by this mystery vegetable because of its ability to be used as a carb substitute. However, I fell in love with its crisp and light texture and flavor.
Make in the microwave or simply roasted in the oven. Once cooked, use a fork to scrape the inside flesh which will release as strands. It has a similar look of spaghetti. Hence the name.
Is Spaghetti Squash Healthy?
While I do believe spaghetti squash is a great substitute for regular spaghetti, I think it is important to view it as a way to increase one’s vegetable intake. The mentality of viewing foods as good or bad can be damaging to one’s relationship with food long term.
My rant against the wellness industry aside, let’s talk about how to make spaghetti squash in 30 minutes.
How to Roast Spaghetti Squash?
Simply cut the top of the spaghetti squash off and then cut in half. Use a spoon and scoop out all the seeds and strands. Drizzle the squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Turn upside down and poke with a fork in multiple places. Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Let the squash cook and use a fork to scrape the inside and pull out all the strands. Top with Slow Cooked Creamy Bolognese or pesto.
Other Vegetarian Recipes:
Simple and easy method to make spaghetti squash in the oven in 30 minutes
- spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the top of the squash
- Cut the squash in half
- Use a spoon and scoop out the seeds and inards.
- Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay the quash on a baking seet inside side down.
- Use a fork and puncture holes into the outer skin of the squash.
- Raost int he oven for 30-40 minutes until staring to brown and soften.
- Let cool and use a fork to scrap and gather the inside squash which should come out in strands like spaghetti.
- Place into a bowl and serve or use to cook.