Creamy, sweet, and salty red pepper dip made with roasted red peppers, feta, pomegranate molasses, balsamic vinegar, and walnuts. This wonderful and complex red pepper and feta dip will be your go-to dip.
Made in the food processor with minimal work and effort. Just the way I like to cook. This dip is the perfect example of easy recipes that create delcious and vibrant food.
Roasted red peppers have a natural sweetness. This sweetness is enhanced by the pomegranate molasses and acidity in the vinegar. Additionally, the feta provides a salty and creamy texture and taste. Sweet and salty flavors also balance well against the spice from the Aleppo chili flakes.
Where can I buy Pomegranate Molasses?
What does Pomegranate Molasses taste like?
Pomegranate molasses is a rich syrup that is tangy, slightly musky and sweet flavor. It adds depth of flavor similar to a concentrated wine. Pomegranate molasses is an important and key ingredient in making Muhammara and other Middle Eastern dips and dishes.
What are Aleppo Chilies?
The Aleppo pepper has a moderate heat with some fruitiness and mild, cumin-like undertones. Similar in flavor to the ancho chile but oilier and saltier due to the drying process.
The Aleppo pepper is a variety of Capsicum annuum. Used as a spice in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine. It starts as pods that ripen to a Burgundy color. The eppers are than coarsely ground. Aleppo peppers are an important ingredient in Muhammara and other Middle Eastern dips and dishes.
Red pepper and feta dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. It is a bold, fragrant, and flavorful appetizer.
How to make red pepper and feta dip:
Simply roast red peppers in the oven or air fryer until the skin begins to blister. Add the skinned, seeded, and destemmed red pepper to a food processor with all other ingredients and blend. Garnish with any of the used ingredients for a night of entertaining.
Goes well with:
Makes for a wonderful spread with Garlic and Cherry Tomato Bruschetta, Eggplant Caponata and Basil and Tomato Sauce Focaccia.
Other Appetizer Recipes:
Creamy, sweet and salty red pepper dip made with roasted red peppers, feta, pomegrnate molasses, balsamic vinegar and walnuts.
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon aleppo flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta
- Place red peppers on a baking sheet and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and roast at 425 degrees for 50-60 minutes or 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes in the airfryer.
- Take the peppers out of the oven and place in a medium bowl and cover with foil and let cool. The steam that builds up allows the skin to be removed easily.
- Once the peppers have cooled, remove the skin and discard along with stems and seeds.
- Place roasted peppers and all other ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with a little extra aleepo flakes and olive oil.
Hungry Girl in Queens is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.