Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles are a fall favorite cookie. Soft and chewy on the inside and coated in a mixture of sugar and pumpkin spice.
This twist on a classic snickerdoodle cookie, adds pumpkin spice pudding to the cookie dough. Additionally, to ensure all the pumpkin spice flavor possible, the cookie dough is rolled in a mixture of sugar and pumpkin spice instead of just cinnamon.
These cookies are super simple to make and delicious to eat. Packed with fall spices, this is the go to cookie for those obsessed with pumpkin spice.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles:
Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs continue to combine with an electric hand mixer. Then add the pumpkin pudding, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Finally, add the flour and combine.
The cream of tartar helps the cookies rise and gives it a delicious soft texture.
Scoop the dough into inch size balls, I like to use an ice cream scoop to help ensure consistency. Store the dough balls in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Roll the dough balls in a mixture of sugar and pumpkin spice.
Can you make Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles in advance:
Yes! these cookies are great to make ahead of time. Roll the dough into balls and place in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to use. Can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Take them out about an hour to an hour and half prior to baking. Roll them twice in the sugar mixture and bake for the same amount of time.
How to store Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles:
Store snickerdoodles at room temperature in an airtight container for 7 days.
Other Fall Recipes:
- Spicy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Rosemary, Orange and Olive Oil Shortbread Biscuits
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chai Creme Brûlée
Other Cookie Recipes:
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLES? LEAVE US A RATING! DID YOU LOVE IT? SHARE IT OR LEAVE US A COMMENT ON INSTAGRAM! WANNA SEE MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!Print
Soft and chewy pumpkin spice snickerdoodles are made with pumpkin spice pudding and rolled in a pumpkin spice sugar.
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 box pumpkin spice instant pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
PUMPKIN SPICE SUGAR COATING
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablsepoon pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together flour, cream of tartar and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars with an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs and combine.
Add pudding mix and combine.
- Add dry ingredients and combine.
- Portion out the dough into even sized balls and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. (If dough is too soft place in the fridge and then roll out into balls).
- Roll the dough balls in the Pumpkin Spice Sugar mixture.
- Place evenly on a baking tray, leave room for cookies to expand when they are baked.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cook on the baking tray for 5 minutes before removing from baking tray and placing on a rooling rack.
Keywords: Pumpkin spice, snickerdoodles