This chicken is packed with flavor and so quick and easy to make. It’s a wonderful harmony of sweet (from the nosy and molasses) and spicy (from the Aleppo peppers). It also has cumin and lime to balance out the acidity and umami flavors. I make it in the air fryer but you could easily make in the oven or a skillet.
Marinade– pour all the ingredients into a bowl or ziplock bag with the chicken and allow time for the flavor to develop.
Air fryer– cooking chicken in an air fryer is a fool proof way to ensure perfectly juicy chicken. I am shocked each time I use the air fryer at how simple it is to use and how great the chicken is cooked. The air fryer not only ensures your meat is cooked perfectly on the inside it provide a light char that helps create a great texture and adds to the flavor.
- 2 pounds of chicken breast
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molases
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- handful of fresh pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and lime wedges to garish (optional)
1) Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix and leave in fridge for an hour or overnight to marinate
2) Evenly place chicken in the air fryer (in batches) and cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
3) Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve!