These wonderfully chewy pistachio pudding cookies only require basic pantry ingredients. The pistachio pudding includes tiny slivers of almonds, which adds wonderful flavor and texture to the cookies. YUM!
I’m always on the hunt for an excellent eggless cookie recipe as my mother-in-law is allergic to eggs, and I have many family members who do not eat eggs for religious reasons. These cookies are easy to make and also insanely delicious. I highly recommend making these simple cookies (whether you eat eggs or not). These cookies don’t disappoint!
There is always a steady stream of people going back and forth to the kitchen whenever I bake these pistachio pudding cookies. You can make the dough ahead of time and freeze for a later day. Indeed, a crowd-pleaser!
Other Cookie Recipes:
How to Make Pistachio Pudding Cookies?
These cookies only need five staple pantry ingredients. These cookies are unbelievably simple and easy to make. Pistachio pudding is sold online or in grocery stores. Check out the video below to see precisely how simple these cookies are to make.
Whisk together butter, powdered sugar, pistachio pudding powder, vanilla essence and flour. That is all you have to do to make the batter! Then scoop into balls and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking in the oven.
Check out my How-To Video:
Can melted butter be used instead of softened butter?
Melted butter may be used in the recipe however it will likely result in a thin and spread out cookie. Melted butter behaves very differently from softened butter by not contributing to the structure of the baked good.
Why is that?
The creaming process required softened butter, as most of us have learned through experience at one time or another. During the creaming method, the hand mixer combines butter and sugar. The fat molecules from the butter trap air and sugar crystals keep the bubbles from connecting and getting too big.
Does the dough need to be chilled?
Yes, the dough needs to be chilled. Placing the dough in the fridge solidifies the fat in the butter, which means the dough takes longer to melt, and there is less spread.Print
These wonderfully chewy pistachio pudding cookies only require five basic pantry ingredients. Making these cookies is simple, easy and eggless.
· 2 sticks salted butter, softened
· 1 1/4 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
· 2 tsp vanilla
· 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
· 1 (3.4 oz) package pistachio instant pudding mix
- In a large bowl, with a stand or hand mixer cream butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl combine flour and dry pudding mix until combined. Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture until it forms a dough.
- Scoop dough into balls using an ice cream scoop or regular spoon and place onto a parchment lined cookie tray and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Place dough on parchment lined baking sheet and bake on 350 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove and let cool 3 to 5 minutes on baking sheet.
YOU CAN PLACE THE DOUGH BALLS INTO A ZIPLOCK BAG AND PUT IN THE FREEZER FOR UP TO 6 WEEKS