Rich and delicious molten lava cake perfectly portioned for two 4-ounce ramekins (or one 8 ounce ramekin). It has a nice caked crust on the outside with a heavenly gooey chocolate center. This molten lava dessert will warm your mouth and your soul.
I am very fortunate to be able to work during this pandemic. Also, I am grateful to not worry about my next meal. There are many ways to give back and help out people in need. Please consider donating to NYC Food Bank.
On top of the financial fears, we face concerns of our family and loved ones getting sick. When times are uncertain, I rely on baking to provide me a sense of comfort and control. And I don’t know about you guys, but another source of comfort for me is chocolate.
I was motivated by my desire for something rich and chocolatey. I am trying to be kinder to myself during this time and allow myself to eat foods that make me happy without feeling guilty. But as someone who struggles with self-control, I decided making small portions was the right way for me to engage my baking passion, make something delicious and fun, while not resulting in me snacking all day. Try out my small-batch chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free blueberry crumble, and single-serving strawberry crumble. This delicious cake is perfectly portioned for two with a superb and has a flowing molten lava center.
The molten lava cake was also fun to make with another person. As you can see from the video below, it is a super quick and easy recipe to make. Everyone got excited to see if the cakes would set properly.
Other Small Batch Recipes:
How it it made?
Simply melt butter and chocolate. Add to it powdered sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla essence and flour, and mix. Pour batter into buttered and sugared ramekins and bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Try out this fun, impressive and easy molten lava dessert for two for your next date night in, zoom hang out or TV binge session.Print
Molten lava cake perfectly portioned for two people with a delicious cake crust exterir with a lucious and gooey chocolate filling.
· 2 ounces dark chocolate
· 1/4 cup unsalted butter
· 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
· 1 egg
· 1 egg yolk
· 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon butter
· 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Coat (two four-ounce ramekins or one eight-ounce ramekin) ramekins with butter and sugar.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate, butter, and microwave on high for about 1 minute until butter melts.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Add eggs and mix
- Add salt, vanilla essence and flour and mix.
- Pour batter into the ramekins and bake for 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cakes to cool in ramekins for about 1 minute
- With a paring knife, release the cake from the edge of the ramekin and invert onto the plate and leave for a 1 minute before dislodging cakes.
- Serve with powdered sugar, fruit, ice cream or fudge.