Delicious Mediterranean Flatbread Topping that can be used on any homemade or store bought flatbread.
This is a simple recipe for a delicious Mediterranean Flatbread Topping can be made with homemade or store bought flatbreads. The topping is a Mediterranean symphony for your mouth! Who says you can’t create restaurant quality appetizers at home for your next Zoom Happy Hour?!
The flatbread topping is made with fresh ingredients like cucumber, red peppers, parsley, and lemon. YUM!!!!! The crunch from the fresh produce plays well against the creaminess from both dips (Muhammara and tzatziki). Get ready for your palate to experience an avalanche of flavors and textures!
Additionally, feel free to add other ingredients to this topping! My intension was to create a recipe that can inspire people to find new dishes to make with the ingredients available in the fridge and pantry.
Also, check out the Gluten Free Flatbread Recipe! The flatbread reminded me of a pita bread or naan bread. A slight pocket gets created when it is baked for 20 minutes. The flatbread has a lovely light and chewy texture. Let me know what you think!
More Appetizer Recipes:
A simple and easy Mediterranean flatbread topping which can be used on any flatbread whether homemade or store bought.
- 1/2 cup red pepper dip
- 1/2 cup tzaztiki
- 2 small English cucumber, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 red pepper, diced into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- 1/8 cuper feta crumbles
- 2 tablespoon olives, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- red cili flakes (optional)
- 2 tablspooon pickled red onion (optional)
- 2 oz salami (optional)
- Make the Gluten Free Flatbread or purchase a flat bread and read the cooking instructions for the specific flatbread. The flat bread should be cooked prior to the toppings.
- Dice the cucumber and red pepper and place in a bowl.
- Add feta, parsley leaves, lemon zest, salt, pepper, olive oil and red whine vinegar to the bowl and mix.
- Place the flatbread onto a serving dish and layer with red pepper dip.
- Cover the red pepper dip with half the cucumber salad.
- Spoon tzaztiki on top of the cucumber salad and top with the optional salami, red pickled onions and serve.