- 1 cup alphanso mango pulp
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- one pinch saffron
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 cups milk powder
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1/8 cup pistachios (unsalted)
- In a small pot add mango pulp and condensed milk and cook for 10 minutes at a low boil. Stir consistently to avoid burning the bottom.
- Add heavy cream, cardamom and saffron and cook for another 10 minutes at a low boil. Stir consistently to avoid burning the bottom.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add milk powder (little at a time) and whisk together until smooth and add ghee in the end to keep mixture from getting too sticky.
- Pour the mixture into a square pan and flatten out with a spatula.
- Top with pistachios and a few saffron strands.
- Place in the fridge overnight. Cut and serve!