Delicious, moist, and soft pound cake flavored with orange zest and fresh cranberries is the perfect dessert for your family.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large orange, zested
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use the paddle attachment of your stand mixer and creaming together butter and sugar for at least 5 minutes until light a fluffy. Be sure to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl at intervals to ensure all the butter is mixed with the sugar.
- Add the sour cream and mix for 1 minute until combined.
- Then add the eggs one at a time and continue mixing together with the paddle attachment. You want to ensure each egg is mixed into the batter before adding another egg.
- Add salt, baking powder, and vanilla and combine with a spatula.
- Add sifted flour half cup at a time and combined it with the spatula. The batter should be luscious and creamy.
- Add orange zest and cranberries and fold into the batter.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Pour in the batter into loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes until it is cooked through the center.
- To butter and flour a pan you need to rub a tablespoon of room temperature butter on the inside of the loaf pan and then sprinkling a tablespoon of flour to the inside of the pan. Move the flour around the inside of the loaf pan until it is fully coated.
Keywords: cranberry and orange, pound cake, dessert, treat, winter