Homemade pizza dough is fun surprise to make for people of all ages. Everyone gets to pick their own toppings and try each others creations.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix together warm water, yeast and sugar in a bowl or measuring cup. Let the rest mixture sit for 5 minutes covered.
- Add olive oil, salt and flour to a large bowl which attaches to your stand mixture.
- Fit stand mixture with a dough hook and mix for 2 mixtures on low speed.
- Add yeast mixture to the flour mixture and mix for 15 minutes on low speed.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead for 2-5 minutes until it forms a ball.
- Oil the dough ball and place into a bowl and leave to rise for about 1-2 hours depending on the temperature. You want to the dough to double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Once the dough has doubled cut it in half with a dough cutter or knife.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet or counter.
- Slightly cover the parchment paper with semolina flour.
- Using your finger tips stretch out the dough on top of parchment paper.
- Cover with sauce cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Place into the oven for 10-15 minutes.