Tandoori Chicken Tikka Bites are easy to make by marinating chunks of chicken breast in yogurt and savory spices. This recipe including instructions for the grill, air fryer, oven, and skillet. A perfect recipe for an appetizer or main dish for dinner.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed into one inch pieces
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 green chili, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Cut your chicken breast into one inch pieces
- Mince fresh ginger and green chili (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, chickpea flour, ginger, green chili, paprika, cayenne, garam masala, coriander powder, ground cinnamon and salt.
- Add chicken and coat with yogurt marinade thoroughly.
- Let the marinade rest for atleast 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Skewer the chicken cubes and cook.
- Once the chicken had cooked, squeeze lemon on top and sprinkle with chaat masala and serve.
- Grill– Use your BBQ or Grill Pan to Cook the chicken. The grill should be very hot and cook for about 5-7 minutes on one side and then turn for about 4-5 minutes on the other side. The chicken should easily release.
- Pan Sear– Spray a little oil on a frying pan and lay out the chicken evenly on the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan as the chicken will release water and steam the chicken instead of getting a nice char. Cook on medium-high for about 5 minutes and flip over until done, should be another 3-4 minutes
- Bake – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place chicken pieces spread out on a baking tray. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Air Fry– Place chicken pieces in the basket of the Air Fryer and spray with oil. Cook at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
Keywords: tandoori chicken tikka, appetizer, air fryer, grill, Indian food