Check out this refreshing and seasonal corn and feta salad! Summer salads are my jam. This corn and feta salad is super simple and easy to make. It can also be made in advance and brought to the park, picnic, or patio.
Easily adapted to include the fresh and seasonal ingredients you have in the fridge. It is also a great use for let over some herbs which may otherwise go bad. This bright and beautiful corn and feta salad tastes as good as it looks. For more inspiration, check out my summer spicy corn salad.
How do I cook corn in a microwave?
Simply wrap each ear of corn in a wet paper towel and cook in the microwave for 5 minute on high. Let cool and unwrap the paper towel. Using a knife gently remove the kernals from the husk.
PRO-TIP: While the corn is “cooking”, chop the onion, red pepper, jalapeño, cucumbers, mint, and lime.
How much jalapeño do I need for this corn and feta salad?
Jalapeño is one of the milder chilies so include all the seeds when making this salad if you enjoy spice.
If you don’t like spice, I feel very bad for you, son. Joking aside, simply make sure to limit the number of seeds in the salad. The seeds and membrane are the spicy portions of the jalapeno.
Goes well with:
Make this summer salad along with my Peruvian Chicken, Tandoori Chicken, Muhammara or Eggplant Caponata for a summer bbq. Also, this summer salad is gluten-free and vegan. Perfect for anyone’s dietary preferences and restrictions.
Equipment used for Corn and Feta Salad:
Other Vegetarian Recipes:
Sweet and salty corn and feta salad made with fresh ingredients and a honey-lime vinaigrette. It is the perfect summer salad for a social distancing bbq
- 5 ears fresh corn, in the husk
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 small English cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (include seeds to preference)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- De-husk each corn ear and wrap in moist paper towel and microwave on high for five minutes.
- Un-wrap the paper towel from the corn and hold the ear of corn vertical.
- Carefully cut the corn off the cob with a knife.
- Chop onion, cucumbers, bell pepper, jalepenos, half the feta and mint and add to a large bowl with the corn.
- Add lime juice, zest, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil to the salad and mix together.
- Place the corn salad in a serving bowl and garnish with rest of the feta.
Keywords: summer, salad, vegetables, vegetarian, gluten free, healthy
Hungry Girl in Queens is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.