Delicious and fudgy chocolate olive oil cookies are the perfect sized treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings. Made with 70% cocoa chocolate and cocoa powder, these cookies provide a rich chocolate taste. They have the perfect texture and bite, you know when you sink your teeth into gooey chocolate goodness and it slowly melts in your mouth.
Just like when you cook with olive oil when you bake with olive oil you want to use a good quality extra virgin olive oil. When baking I prefer a fruity and mild-flavored olive oil which enhances the chocolate without making olive oil the predominant flavor. Along with flavor, using olive oil in baking is great for the texture of baked goods. Olive oil helps baked goods remain moist and does not result in baked goods becoming hard when stored in the fridge.
How to make chocolate olive oil cookies:
Melt the chocolate and olive oil together in the microwave. Whisk together eggs and sugar until it forms a thick pale yellow ribbon. Add vanilla and melted chocolate and fold until combined. Add sifted dry ingredients and combine. Let the dough sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon divide up the dough and roll into balls. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking in the oven. Super simple and easy to make flawless cookies!
How to store Chocolate and Olive Oil Cookies:
You can store the cookies for up to a week in an air tight container in the fridge. I highly recommend storing these in the fridge because they taste really good slightly cold.
Can the dough be made in advance?
Yes! Make the dough in advance. After you scoop and portion your dough balls, place them on a baking tray and into the fridge for 30 minutes. Then place them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up 6 weeks. This can also be useful if you only want to make a few cookies at a time.
Does the dough need to be chilled?
Yes, the dough must be chilled. Placing the dough in the fridge solidifies the fat in the olive oil, which means the dough takes longer to melt, and there is less spread. Helps create the perfect balance of crispy and chewy for these chocolate olive oil cookies!
Can melted butter be used instead of olive oil?
Melted butter may be used in the recipe however it will not provide the fruity aroma which is developed from olive oil. If you would like to substitute, butter for olive oil, use ½ cup melted butter.
Other Cookie Recipes:
Delicious and fudgy chocolate olive oil cookies are the perfect sized treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings. Can be made ahead and stored in the freezer.
- 1 cup 70% dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips along with the oil in the mircowave. (Heat for 30 second intervals and mix until combined).
- In a medium bowl with a hand mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar. Whisk on medium-high until thick pale yellow ribbon texture is formed.
- In another medium bowl, sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and coffee.
- Add chocolate mixture and vanilla to eggs mixture and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Let the batter sit at room temperature, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookies, about 1 tablespoon in size, onto one baking sheet.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake the cookies at 350°F for 5-7 minutes or until the centers no longer look wet.
- Let cool on the baking sheet before serving.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE FOR CHOCOLATE OLIVE OIL COOKIES? LEAVE US A RATING! DID YOU LOVE IT? SHARE IT OR LEAVE US A COMMENT ON INSTAGRAM! WANNA SEE MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!