Candy Cane Fudge is a simple and easy holiday treat. It is a great addition to any plate of cookies or as a gift for a loved one. Candy Cane Fudge is made with five ingredients and a great project to make with kids. The rich chocolate balances well against the peppermint added to the fudge and candy cane pieces add texture and crunch. I swear people will ask you where you bought the fudge from and will not believe it is homemade.
How to make Candy Cane Fudge:
Simply take a medium saucepan and heat up chocolate, butter, and condensed milk until all the chocolate has melted. This process takes less than 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add peppermint extracts and give a final stir. Pour the fudge batter into a lined 8 x 8 baking tray and spread out evenly. Use a rolling pin or fry pan to break up candy canes. Top fudge with broken pieces of the candy cane and place it in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Cut and serve.
How to Store Candy Cane Fudge:
You can leave the fudge in the fridge for up to a week after the initial 8 hours (just be sure to cover it at that point. Additionally, it can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer. Cut the fudge into serving pieces and individually wrap them in foil and place them in a Ziploc bag in the fridge.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Tips for Making the best Candy Cane Fudge:
This five ingredient recipe calls for the following: dark chocolate, butter, condensed milk, peppermint extract and candy cane. The trick to delicious fudge is using good quality semi-sweet chocolate. Recommend using a 70% cocoa chocolate as it is strong and bitter enough to stand up to the condensed milk without getting too sweet.
Other Holiday Cookies:
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Rosemary and Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Spicy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Olive Oil Cookies
- Cardamom and Saffron Rice Pudding
- Chai Crème Brûlée
Reasons to make Candy Cane Fudge:
- Simple– This five-ingredient recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- Delicious– Rich chocolate taste paired with a cooling peppermint flavor. It is a winning combo!
- Fun– Easy enough to make with kids. Plus who does not like smashing candy canes!
- Reduce Waste– A great way to use up some candy canes you may have from last year or for the tree.
Other Dessert Recipes:
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE FOR CANDY CANE FUDGE? LEAVE US A RATING! DID YOU LOVE IT? SHARE IT OR LEAVE US A COMMENT ON INSTAGRAM! WANNA SEE MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!Print
Candy Cane Fudge is a simple and easy holiday treat made with five ingredients. The rich chocolate balances well against the peppermint added to the fudge and candy cane pieces add texture and crunch.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/8 cup chopped candy canes (1-2 large candy canes)
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil and lightly grease.
- Use a heavy pan or rolling pin to break up candy can inot pices (one one or two hits are required)
- In a medium saucepan add the chocolate chips, butter and condensed milk.
- Allow to melt over low heat while gently stirring.
- Just as chocolate has melted, remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the peppermint extract.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle the candy canes over top.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 8 hours, then cut into small pieces.
Keywords: eggless, fudge, Christmas, holiday, candy cane