Black Label blended Whiskey is a staple in most Punjabi households. Hemant Pathak, the head mixologist Junoon, a Michelin-starred Indian restaurant in New York City, admits that he often jokes with co-workers that Johnnie Walker is the “national drink of India.”
The whiskey with its sweet and smoky flavor adds depth to an already robust array of spices. Bringing a smile to whoever is eating it!Print
A quick and simple chicken made with blended spices and a shot of whiskey.
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 turmeric powder
- 1/2 garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1lb chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 1 shot Black Label Whiskey
- Mix all ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- STOVE TOP:
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and sear chicken on medium for 12-15 minutes.
- AIR FRYER:
- Place chicken thighs in basket (you will probably have to do two batches) and cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.