Light and delicious berry crumble cake made with fresh blueberries, strawberries, lemon, sour cream and cinnamon.
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 medium lemon zest and juice
1 tablespoon cornflour
4 oz fresh blueberries
8 oz fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and oil.
- Add sugar and whisk.
- Add sour cream and whisk.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix with spatula.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornflour and salt and combine with spatula.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, softened butter, sugar and cinnoman and combine with a fork to make crumble topping.
- Grease and line spring-form pan.
- Pour half the cake batter into the baking pan.
- Layer the batter with a layer of blueberries.
- Top the blueberries with rest of the cake batter.
- Top with halfed (cut side down) strawberries in an even layer.
- Top with crumble topping evenly.
- Place baking pan in the oven and bake with 45-55 minutes.
- Let it cool before you slice and serve.
Keywords: berry cake, blueberry cake, strawberry cake, crumble topping, crumb cake