Light and fluffy Berry Crumble Cake is beautful and delicious. The cake is well-balanced and flavored with sour cream and lemon zest. Blueberries and strawberries layers in the cake provide beautiful color and help keep the cake moist. The warm crumble topping adds a crunchy texture to this delicious cake.
Baking this cake is very easy and does not require waiting for the butter to soften as it uses a neutral oil. The wonderful fragrance from the cinnamon, lemon and fruit fill your kitchen with a gorgeous aroma as the cake bakes in the oven.
This is a great cake to make for family, drop off the neighbors, or bring for dessert. Very light and soft structure (and it is made with fruit which makes it healthy, right?).
How to make Berry Cake?
Whisk together eggs and oil until combine into a pale yellow flowy ribbon texture. This is the key to creating a light a fluffy structure to the cake. Add sugar, sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest and juice, and dry ingredients.
Layer a greased cake pan with half the cake batter. Top with a layer of fresh blueberries. Layer with the rest of the cake batter and top with halved strawberries (cut side down). Top with the crumble topping and bake for an hour.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
How to make a Crumble Topping?
Streuselkuchen, also known in English-speaking countries as crumb cake, is a German specialty. A crumble topping is usually made with sugar, butter and flour is a ratio of 1:1:2.
This crumble topping is specifically made with a 2:1:2 ratio to allow for a lighter crumble which will not weight down the light cake structure.
How to Store Berry Crumble Cake?
This is a great cake to make the night before. the fruit help the cake stay moist and not dry out.
However, as it does have fresh fruit, store the cake covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Other Cake Recipes:
Other Fruit Desserts:
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE FOR BERRY CRUMBLE CAKE? LEAVE US A RATING! DID YOU LOVE IT? SHARE IT OR LEAVE US A COMMENT ON INSTAGRAM! WANNA SEE MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!Print
Light and delicious berry crumble cake made with fresh blueberries, strawberries, lemon, sour cream and cinnamon.
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 medium lemon zest and juice
1 tablespoon cornflour
4 oz fresh blueberries
8 oz fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and oil.
- Add sugar and whisk.
- Add sour cream and whisk.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix with spatula.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornflour and salt and combine with spatula.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, softened butter, sugar and cinnoman and combine with a fork to make crumble topping.
- Grease and line spring-form pan.
- Pour half the cake batter into the baking pan.
- Layer the batter with a layer of blueberries.
- Top the blueberries with rest of the cake batter.
- Top with halfed (cut side down) strawberries in an even layer.
- Top with crumble topping evenly.
- Place baking pan in the oven and bake with 45-55 minutes.
- Let it cool before you slice and serve.
Keywords: berry cake, blueberry cake, strawberry cake, crumble topping, crumb cake
Hungry Girl in Queens is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.