Aloo tiki is a fried spiced potato croquette or cutlet. It is gluten-free and made with boiled potatoes and cornflour. For a healthier alternative, try cooking tiki in the Air Fryer. It has a crispy exterior and a soft and spiced interior.
Aloo tikki is a snack originating from the Indian subcontinent. Made from boiled potatoes and various curry spices. “Aloo” means potato and “tikki” means cutlet or croquette in Hindi and Marathi. While it may seem unusual, the flavors and spices are all common in Indian cuisine.
What to Serve with Aloo Tiki?
Aloo tikki is served with ketchup, yogurt, cilantro chutney, some sweet tamarind chutney or any hot & sweet sauce.
Can I Freeze Aloo Tiki?
Yes you can freeze aloo tiki. Ideally, you would freeze the all tiki uncooked, individually shaped and wrapped. To defrost, let the aloo tikis thaw at room temperature before cooking in the air fryer.
However, you can also freeze the cooked aloo tikis. To heat and serve, bring the aloo tikis to room temperature. Then heat in the air fryer for 7-10 minutes before serving.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
What is Amchur Powder?
What is Chaat Masala Powder?
Chaat masala typically consists of amchur (dried mango powder), cumin, coriander, dried ginger, white pepper, black pepper, asafoetida and chili powder. You can add it to fruits, vegetables and even almond butter toast.
Other Air Fryer Recipes:
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE FOR AIR FRYER ALOO TIKI (POTATO CROQUETTES)? LEAVE US A RATING! DID YOU LOVE IT? SHARE IT OR LEAVE US A COMMENT ON INSTAGRAM! WANNA SEE MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Other Indian Recipes:
Delicious aloo tiki made with spices and automatics. Cooked in the Airfryer for a low fat crispy exterior.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 chili, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- oil, for spraying
- In a medium pot, boil potatoes in salted water until cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, in a large mixing bowl mash the potatoes with a potato masher or large fork.
- Add minced chilli, onion, ginger, garlic and combine.
- Add turmeric, paprika, cumin powder, amchur, chaat masala and salt and combine.
- Add fresh mint and coriander and combine.
- Add 2 tbsp cornflour and mix well forming a soft dough.
- Grease your hand with oil and prepare ball-sized puck.
- Place tikis into the air fryer basket for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve hot from the air fryer with green chutney and tamarind chutney.
Keywords: air fryer, aloo, tiki, potato, cutlet, croquette